Bang them keys!

Bang them keys!
Must love the writing life...

Friday, April 30, 2010

Just bought my Hermie on ebay

That's right. After trying and trying to get my hands on a Hermes 3000 typewriter and constantly being outbid, I finally won! The seller allowed me to pick it up too. I don't have to wait 4 days for delivery or incur that shipping cost. Yes! So I'm gonna get it sometime this weekend. I can't wait. I'm calling the typewriter Hermie. It's a he. My Hermie. I'm not getting this typewriter to do any essays or assignments or anytype of work on it. I'm just going to use it for creative writing purposes like my attempts at writing 4k words each day and the free associative 10-minute writing excercises I do. With the computer, I find myself constantly editing as I type. I keep hitting that backspace button and deleting stuff. There is no distancing my mind from my fingers. I write 80 words per minute, and my fingers keep up with my thoughts, but I erase as I go. Blah! I'm hoping that my new-used typewriter will save me from that constant editing that hinders me and free me to actually think before my fingers dare to move. And what I write on my Hermie will be permanent, unless I exhert myself to erase a typo; but I guarantee I won't be deleting a zillion times like I do on my laptop. Plan: First think, then write. My Hermie will actually slow me down to tap into whatever creative force my brain wants to spew. If any. Pfffft. Some writers felt possessed by their typewriters. Lalala. I wanna be possessed by mine. Maybe I will write some Magical Realist Brujaja to impress myself with. Anywho. I will for sure write, scan and post what Hermie inspires me to do on this blog. Typecasting is it? Sigh. It's minty green. Someone mentioned that it felt like typing on bathroom tiles. I wanna see for myself, and I'm sure I'll love it. Cheers! To my new Hermes 3000! My Hermie. ~@.@~

No comments:

Post a Comment